However there is bunch of strict means related to business-IT collaboration, the effectiveness of collaboration is often understood as a very subjective sensation.
When business and IT play together there are well defined process and rules, but these are second-order things. What people value the most is mutual involvement in a collective goal.
In these situations I’ve noticed that:
- collaboration rules are given explicite in a visible way
- there are also explicit rules in case of emergency
- the rules are for better collaboration not for accounting sb. for tasks
- when one doesn’t follow the rules this means the rules don’t fit to the worklflow and must be changed
- rules come from workplace and people who do work not from management
- rules are changing because reality is changing and that is OK
- the rules above are written in hearts not always on the paper